Are you looking for a guide to learn how to install TWRP Recovery on Android smartphones, eh?
Well, TWRP, which stands for Team Win Recovery Project, is an open-source recovery tool that lets users save, install, backup, and restore firmware software on an Android smartphone.
Therefore, if you also want to make similar changes on your Android to unleash the full potential of your smartphone, then I highly suggest you install TWRP recovery on your smartphone first.
Contrary to popular belief, installing TWRP on an Android smartphone is not a tedious task. It may get a bit risky if you don’t follow the guide correctly. Therefore, while installing TWRP on your Android, make sure you are aware of each step properly.
So, without any further ado, here is the guide to learn how you can install TWRP on an Android smartphone-
How to install TWRP Recovery on Android smartphones?
Before proceeding with the installation, make sure that you have unlocked the bootloader on your Android smartphone. If you haven’t done it yet already, then I highly suggest you go follow this guide to learn how to unlock bootloader on Android smartphones.
Now, back to the topic, flashing TWRP custom recovery is not rocket science. You just need to follow these simple steps-
- Connect your smartphone to your PC via a USB cable.
- Now, open the folder where you have the TWRP recovery .img file saved on your PC.
- Next, open the command prompt on this folder. For that, you can type “cmd” on the address bar and hit enter or manually open it by pressing “Shift+ Right Click” on the empty space of the folder and select “Open Command Windows Here” or “Open Windows Powershell Here” option.
- Type “adb reboot bootloader” into the command prompt to boot your device into Fastboot mode.
- Next, you have to type this command “fastboot flash recovery – 2.8.x.x-xxx.img” and make sure to change x.x.-xxx.img with the name of TWRP recovery .img file on your PC.
- Once you receive the message that TWRP is successfully flashed, type this command “fastboot reboot” to reboot your smartphone.
That’s it. The TWRP recovery image is not flashed on your Android smartphone.
Disclaimer – you need to download TWRP recovery that is specifically designed for your current device, OS version, and build. Otherwise, the recovery image will not get installed, or you may end up bricking your smartphone.
Video Guide to learn how to install TWRP Recovery
You might also be interested in-
There you have it – a very small, step-by-step guide to learn how to install TWRP Recovery on Android smartphones.
This technique to install TWRP recovery is very common and easy to apply. However, in case if you face any technical issues, you can share that with us in the comment section below.
Our team will try to answer all your queries ASAP.
Thanks for reading.