Unlocking the bootloader is the very first step that you have to follow if you are planning to make changes on your Android smartphone. Whether you are going to root your smartphone or just tweaking some settings, you have to unlock your bootloader.
Many people believe that unlocking a bootloader is a very techy task, but contrary to popular belief, it is very easy. All you have to follow a few simple steps, and you’re good to go.
How to unlock the bootloader on any Android smartphone?
To unlock bootloader, you need to follow steps mentioned below-
- First of all, enable the developer mode. For that, navigate to the Settings > About Phone > Build Number and continuously tap on it 7-8 times. It will enable the developer option for you.
- Now, we have to enable USB debugging. For that, you have to go to Settings > System > Developer Option, and here you will see the USB debugging option, enable it.
- After that, you need to enable OEM unlocking. Scroll on the same developer option setting page and find the OEM unlocking option and enable it.
- Now, you have to download and install ADB and Fastboot tools on your PC. (Having a PC is necessary to unlock the bootloader)
- Once the ADB and Fastboot tools get installed on your PC, connect your smartphone to your PC using a USB cable.
- Now, head over to the folder where you have installed the ADB and Fastboot tools and open the command prompt here. You can type “CMD” on the address bar and hit enter or do it manually by pressing “Shift Key + Right Click on your mouse” and choose the “Open Windows PowerShell” or “Open Command Prompt” option.
- On the command prompt, type “ADB reboot bootloader” and hit enter to boot your device into Fastboot mode.
- Next, type the “fastboot flashing unlock” command and hit enter to unlock the bootloader. (Do note that this will wipe off all the data that you have on your smartphone.)
- If you have an older device and this command is not working for you, you can try the “fastboot oem unlock” command.
- After that, type the “fastboot flashing unlock_critical” command to unlock the partition. It is a must to do step to flash a custom ROM on your device.
- Now, you have to reboot your device using the following command “fastboot reboot,” and that’s it.
Video guide to learn how to install bootloader
You might also be interested in-
There you have it – a very small, step by step guide to learn how to unlock the bootloader.
This technique to unlock bootloader is very common and easy to apply. However, in case if you face any technical issue, you can share that with us on the comment section below.
Our team will try to answer all your queries ASAP.
Thanks for reading.